CONNECT WITH US
The DMA of Northern California was formed to educate, inform and provide networking opportunities for Direct and Online Marketing professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Join our email list.
How to Produce a Podcast–Fundamentals: Strategies for Setting Goals, Preparing Guests, and Promoting Your Podcast
This course, led by Susan Finch, co-producer of 15 B2B podcasts for the Funnel Radio Network, keynote speaker, 35-year+ marketing professional, is the first step to building a successful podcast, saving you from mistakes, time, and embarrassment long before you turn on the microphone.
Points that will be covered, as well as skills taught:
- Why podcasting?
- How can it benefit your company, your department, and even you?
- Why do most podcasts fail?
- How can you prevent a misfire?
Improving Email Marketing Response Rates: Winning email marketing strategies for acquiring and retaining customers
What You’ll Learn in this Workshop:
This class presents winning email marketing strategies for acquiring and retaining customers in a world of crowded email inboxes and mobile viewers. We’ll talk about best practices for email copy, design, and implementation. We’ll cover offer strategies, writing winning subject lines, which day of the week to send and frequency, and how to design emails for mobile using responsive design. The class lays out a complete strategy on how to build your engagement score by implementing onboarding and engagement playbooks. We’ll also discuss strategies to improve your deliverability and how to avoid spam filters.
How to Produce a Podcast—Advanced Strategies for Creating Intros, Choosing Music, and Advanced Editing and Promotion of Your Podcast
This is the second in a two-part workshop series led by Susan Finch, co-producer of 15 B2B podcasts for the Funnel Radio Network, keynote speaker, 25-year+ marketing professional. This course assumes you have a podcast or let one slip away for a variety of reasons.
- After this course, you will be able to plan out the structure of your physical show files to make creating many episodes simple.
- You’ll be able to create a logical template in Adobe Audition or Camtasia.
- You will also know how to choose the right music for your podcast and whether you must include a video version.
- You will have a guide to creating your intro and outro copy that will be evergreen.
- We will review how you are sharing out your show and episodes to see if there is room for improvement (there always is!).
- We’ll give you ideas on how to get your staff enthused about sharing out your shows and how you can make it easy for them.