Summer Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
$250, Now $200
“The workshop provided the foundational information necessary to be prepared for GDPR compliance.”
Misty Borg Misterek, Director of Marketing, Merchant & Gould
This is a practical, tactical workshop on how to get your marketing department compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). This new regulation went into effect in the European Union on May 25, 2018. GDPR touches nearly every department within organizations that handle or transfer data containing information on EU citizens. If you deal with any data involving European citizens, you must become compliant or face significant penalties. Incidents of questionable data usage — such as the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica “scandal” — will spur more data regulation and policing will become the norm. Start revising your data policies now.
This session will cover the regulation definitions and general guidelines affecting business practices: accountability, data governance, special use cases, incident controls, data subject rights & procedures, internal auditing & training, and data security. All of these areas impact marketing in particular, and we’ll show some specific examples of GDPR implementations.
Key questions answered:
- What is GDPR and how does it affect me?
- What is required to be GDPR compliant?
- What are the risks and penalties involved in ignoring GDPR?
- Can I repurpose or pair GDPR compliance with other regulatory standards?
- What is required of your vendors?
- List buying topic and warning
- What do your customers require from you (Data Subject Rights)?
- Have data authorities sent any signals of expectations or interpretations of the regulation?
- Specific examples of GDPR implementations
- Analyze data for clear consent
- Distinction of previous consent (does it still apply?)
- Was consent active or passive?
- Don’t multi-purpose consent (overreaching)
- High level overview of common practices in privacy notices
- How do I rectify known errors in communications?
- Wrong target, wrong data process, ignored communication preference
Who this workshop is for:
Lee Springer, CTO — The Electron Shop
Everett L. Monroe, Attorney — Hanson Bridgett LLP
The recorded courses can be viewed as many times you want. You can stop and start in the middle of the video as many times as you need. You will also receive the course workbook in PDF format.
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.