- You’ll have a clear understanding of the role of each person involved in the show and make it easy for them to be successful. This is done with five questions you must know the answer to, or else you will waste time, money, and your reputation.
- You’ll receive checklists for the setup process from concept to podcast apps. This process is reviewed and updated monthly to ensure current best practices are in use.
- This is not a course of someone reading their presentation to you. You will see hands-on demos of various tools and techniques to edit and post your episodes, as well as how to promote them.
- You’ll have a list of unbiased resources for hosting, services, promotion, equipment and the lists and tips to ensure you’ll save time and money, while avoiding failure.
- You’ll be able to determine if you need help. And, if you do, how to vet and select a good third-party partner to help with your show if you need it. Many will distract you with features that don’t serve your goals, many will force you to use their partners and you will be locked in with no ability to move your show, make updates easily, or incorporate additional strategies. This course will arm you with that information and a list of questions to ask.
- You will get tips on how to be a better host or guest–even if you have to guide those you work with. People have odd speech patterns they don’t realize hinder them from people wanting to listen to what they say, and respect it. You’ll learn ways to retrain yourself, or your host to break those habits.
- You will have the information and ability to publish quality episodes where everyone sounds good and will want to share what they heard and will beg to be on your show.
- You’ll also learn how to avoid burnout after the first 7 episodes.
Podcasting Module 2: Refining & Improving Your Podcast to Get More Listeners and Shares (Live: October 11, 2022)
Special Podcast Strategy and Promotion Masterclass Pricing: 2-Part Series of Workshops for
$600 now 25% off—$450. Enroll here.
This is the second in a two-part workshop series. This is ideal for those that had a false start of a podcast, burned out, or it just fell apart. This course will help you figure out what you need to change or improve to get more people listening and your guests sharing their appearances on your show. You’ll get a practical list of marketing tactics, including a few creative ways to use topics and statistics for breathing life into past episodes.
We’ll review the top four reasons podcasts fail and how to turn that around and toward success, including where you are missing out on ways to gain momentum or reinvigorate your team, host, and guests. We will talk about recrafting your intro/outro and commercial. We’ll cover ways to engage your guests, their teams, and their followers. Time to shake it up and get everyone excited again about your podcast or finally get it off the ground to grow your listeners. We cover additional appearances, advertising, and playlist strategies.
As a bonus, at the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to download several checklists, and templates covered in the course.
- After this course, you’ll be able to identify the hard truth as to why your show hasn’t really taken off which lets you adjust and reboot.
- You will have a guide to creating your format including what works best for your RSS feed–the importance of the name, description, excerpt, the subtitle.
- We will walk through all of the pieces you need to troubleshoot your low numbers to see what is missing, and what can be improved.
- We will go through some transcripts to catch what some of the issues may be–host talking too much, guest not speaking enough, too many acronyms, monotone guest or host, and other fixable speech patterns and habits.
- We will walk through a way to create effective posts for all podcast apps and feeds.
- We will review how you are sharing out your show with your followers and lists to pick up where you left off, or never started to reinvigorate your listeners and gain more.
- We’ll give you ideas on how to get your guests and staff enthused about promoting your shows and how you can make it easy for them.
- You will have a sample set of spreadsheets to easily keep track of past episodes, promotions, guest info, and more.
- You will have a sample “boost” package to give to your guests, hosts, and team to promote the episode thoughtfully, without spending a lot of time.
- We will look at custom playlists as another option to connect to related shows, or those of strategic partners and prospects.
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take This Workshop:
Adding training on Podcasting helps your Marketing and cross-functional teams in many ways, here’s how:
- Your sales team is asking for additional ways to get in front of prospects—inviting them as a podcast guest would do it.
- You have a lot of video content that falls flat after you publish it on YouTube, your team needs to learn how to make it evergreen.
- Your company has acquired another company, and everyone needs to get to know each other better, FAST to prevent turnover and build a unified culture. Podcasts can get everyone on the same page.
- You need to stay up with your competitors that have podcasts.
- You need a new way to include strategic partners, clients, and team members to encourage them to talk about your company and services.
- You want a new approach to your client success stories and those success stories of your clients–two different topics.
- Once it’s set up, a lot of the promotion is done automatically helping you with continued reach in all social venues saving everyone time.
- Podcasts can give new life to previously popular reports or blog posts by turning them into an audio version and bringing in guests who have audiences you want.
- You need a way to position your company as THE SOURCE on your specialized topic—once they hear your hosts, they’ll be happy to turn to them as ‘the expert’ on the topic.
- The workshops are hands-on and practical.
- The workshops are live so that you can ask your questions. If the course doesn’t fit in your calendar, you can take the course as a recorded class.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Included are lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- List of selected items for additional reading.
- As a bonus, at the end of this series, you’ll be able to download checklists for setting up a show, maintaining the tasks for each episode, and promotions after.
- You’ll get a file of slides that can easily be used to create episode graphics to be used on social media for promoting current and past episodes.
- You’ll get a sample of a typical guest package to encourage your guests to add the episode to their own sites and share it with their followers and lists.
- You’ll be able to download checklists, and templates for maintaining the tasks for each episode.
- We’ll provide you a list of free resources to submit your podcast to for greater reach, and how to use some of the additional free tools.
- We’ll go through transcripts and boost packages to make the most of your content and give you a sample.
- You’ll also get a file structure to keep your show on track so there are no missing steps.
Who is the course for?
Marketing managers, digital marketing managers, social media managers, social media managers, thought leaders, authors, those who regularly speak on stage or would like to do more speaking, professionals who want to be seen as a valuable resource to their prospects, clients, and strategic partners. Marketing professionals who have been handed the task of “doing the podcast” for the company and don’t have any idea where to start.
Strategic Content & Brand Strategist, Podcast Services
Susan Finch Solutions
A PR and Marketing professional for over 30 years, Susan Finch gives you control of your marketing plan AND translates geekspeak into plain English. Over the past seven years, she’s been producing podcasts for various B2B companies including VanillaSoft, Altify, Lola.com, ConnectAndSell, Siemens, and more. Currently, she’s producing nine weekly shows and another six that are twice or once a month. Start to finish, she guides her podcast hosts and teams into creating successful shows. She’ll create a customized marketing plan that includes thorough use of your great content using video, voiceover audio, strategic alliances, and client advocacy. Susan offers clients assistance by creating training materials, libraries to allow them to delegate in-house, or take the reins themselves. Susan brings a new perspective to the knowledge you have and may take for granted. Everything she does involves one or more of these elements: Create, Teach, Inspire, Advocate. Her clients know they’ll have to do some work, but they will all admit they are grateful for the knowledge and control they gain. Many still choose to have her do EVERYTHING, but some only come back quarterly for tune-ups and have her review their sites monthly to keep them running smoothly. Her speaking events include training sessions, inspirational talks, workshops and more. https://susanfinch.com