- You’ll have a clear understanding of the role of each person involved in the show and make it easy for them to be successful. This is done with five questions you must know the answer to, or else you will waste time, money, and your reputation.
- Understand the purpose and goals of the podcast.
- Identify necessary resources and team members.
- Determine the target audience and their podcast listening habits.
- Select suitable hosts and consider their interviewing skills.
- Decide on the ideal episode length based on goals and audience preferences.
- You’ll receive checklists for the setup process from concept to podcast apps. This process is reviewed and updated monthly to ensure current best practices are in use.
- We will walk through some actual prompts based on several types of podcasts to give you an idea of ways to get the best results from ChatGPT as you write your posts, titles, and social engagement.
- We will talk about the logic behind many of the tasks and how to apply them to your own sales and marketing strategies you are already doing.
- You’ll have a list of unbiased resources for hosting, services, promotion, equipment, and the lists and tips to ensure you’ll save time and money while avoiding failure.
- You’ll be able to determine if you need help. If you do, you’ll get a list of many questions for vetting and selecting a good third-party partner to help with your show if you need it. This course will arm you with that information and a list of questions to ask.
- You will get tips on how to be a better host or guest–even if you must guide those you work with. This will also put your guests at ease so they can contribute to a stronger episode.
- You will have the information and ability to publish quality episodes where everyone sounds good and will want to share what they heard and will ask to be on your show. We will cover this through editing tips, what to look for to quickly correct glitches or distracting nervous habits some speakers have.
- You’ll also learn how to avoid burnout after the first 7 episodes.
- You will also have the ability for live Q&A during the session, and direct 1:1 Q&A with Susan after the course because questions may be triggered later after you take this course to your team.
Podcasting Module 2: Refining & Improving Your Podcast to Create Growth and Superfans
Special Pricing: 2-module Series of Masterclasses for
$600 now 25% off—$450. Enroll here.
This is the second in a two-module workshop series. You’ll be able to identify the stumbling blocks to launching your show, or why your show hasn’t really taken off. This lets you adjust and reboot.This is ideal for those that are just starting a podcast to ensure all opportunities are realized to maximize your success. It will also help new shows avoid typical hiccups that can cause a show to fall flat. This course will help you figure out any free tools or venues you may have missed or need to change or improve to get more people listening and your guests sharing their appearances on your show. You’ll get a practical list of marketing tactics, including a few creative ways to use topics and statistics for breathing life into past episodes.
We’ll review the top four reasons podcasts fail and how to turn that around and toward success, including where you are missing out on ways to gain momentum or reinvigorate your team, host, and guests. We will talk about recrafting your intro/outro and commercial. We’ll cover ways to engage your guests, their teams, and their followers. Time to shake it up and get everyone excited again about your podcast or finally get it off the ground to grow your listeners. We cover additional appearances, advertising, and playlist strategies as more opportunities to reach new audiences.
As a bonus, at the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to download several checklists, and templates covered in the course.
- After this course, you’ll be able to identify the stumbling blocks to launching your show, or why your show hasn’t really taken off. This lets you adjust and reboot.
- You will have a guide to creating your format including what works best for your RSS feed–the importance of the name, description, excerpt, the subtitle.
- We will walk through all the points you need to troubleshoot your low numbers to see what is missing, and what can be improved.
- We will go through some transcripts to catch what some of the issues may be–host talking too much, guest not speaking enough, too many acronyms, monotone guest or host, and other fixable speech patterns and habits.
- We will walk through a way to create effective posts for all podcast apps and feeds.
- We will review how you promote your show to your followers.
- Reinvigorate your listeners and gain more reviews while growing your audience:
- Share your episodes more effectively immediately and in the future.
- How to get your guests and staff enthused about promoting your shows.
- How to reconnect with past guests and maximize the value of those episodes.
- Additional tactics to draw attention to your episodes and show:
- Asking by name through Alexa.
- Promoting the guests.
- Advertising and sponsors.
- What an episode outline can look like without making your episodes sound scripted yet have a clear flow.
- We’ll give ideas on how to get your guests and staff enthused about promoting your shows and how you can make it easy for them.
- You will have a sample set of spreadsheets to easily keep track of past episodes, promotions, guest info, and more.
- You’ll learn how to maximize the value of the episode transcripts.
- You will have a sample “boost” package to give to your guests, hosts, and team to promote the episode thoughtfully, without spending a lot of time.
- We will look at how to create custom playlists to connect to related shows, or those of strategic partners and prospects.
- And a live Q&A for those attending the live session, as well as private Q&A opportunities with Susan Finch directly because you have taken the course.
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take This Workshop:
Adding training on Podcasting helps your Marketing and cross-functional teams in many ways, here’s how:
- Your sales team is asking for additional ways to get in front of prospects—inviting them as a podcast guest would do it.
- You have a lot of video content that falls flat after you publish it on YouTube, your team needs to learn how to make it evergreen.
- Your company has acquired another company, and everyone needs to get to know each other better, FAST to reduce turnover and build a unified culture. Podcasts can get everyone on the same page.
- You need to stay up with your competitors that have podcasts.
- You need a new way to include strategic partners, clients, and team members to encourage them to talk about your company and services.
- You want a new approach to your client success stories and those success stories of your clients–two different topics.
- Once it’s set up, a lot of the promotion is done automatically helping you with continued reach in all social venues and saving everyone time.
- Podcasts can give new life to previously popular reports or blog posts by turning them into an audio version and bringing in guests who have audiences you want.
- You need a way to position your company as THE SOURCE on your specialized topic—once they hear your hosts, they’ll be happy to turn to them as ‘the expert’ on the topic.
- The workshops are hands-on and practical.
- The workshops are live so that you can ask your questions. If the course doesn’t fit in your calendar, you can take the course as a recorded class.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Included are lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- List of selected items for additional reading.
- As a bonus, at the end of this series, you’ll be able to download checklists for setting up a show, maintaining the tasks for each episode, and promotions after.
- You’ll get a file of slides that can easily be used to create episode graphics to be used on social media for promoting current and past episodes.
- You’ll get a sample of a typical guest package to encourage your guests to add the episode to their own sites and share it with their followers and lists.
- You’ll be able to download checklists, and templates for maintaining the tasks for each episode.
- We’ll provide you with a list of free resources to submit your podcast to for greater reach, and how to use some of the additional free tools.
- We’ll go through transcripts and boost packages to make the most of your content and give you a sample.
- You’ll also get a file structure to keep your show on track so there are no missing steps.
Who is the course for?
Marketing managers, digital marketing managers, social media managers, thought leaders, authors, those who regularly speak on stage or would like to do more speaking, professionals who want to be seen as a valuable resource to their prospects, clients, and strategic partners. Marketing professionals who have been handed the task of “doing the podcast” for the company and don’t have any idea where to start.
Podcast Training, Production and Marketing Services
Funnel Media Group
A PR and Marketing professional for over 35 years, Susan Finch gives you control of your marketing plan AND translates geekspeak into plain English. Over the past 12 years, she’s been producing podcasts for various B2B companies including VanillaSoft, Altify, ConnectAndSell, Siemens, Branch49, Chief Outsiders, SimiTree Health, Quest Diagnostics and more. Currently, she produces nine weekly shows and another six that are twice or once a month. Start to finish, she guides her podcast hosts and teams into creating successful shows. She’ll create a customized marketing plan that includes thorough use of your great content using video, voiceover audio, strategic alliances, and client advocacy. Susan offers clients assistance by creating training materials, libraries to allow them to delegate in-house, or take the reins themselves. Susan brings a new perspective to the knowledge you have and may take for granted. Everything she does involves one or more of these elements: Create, Teach, Inspire, Advocate. Her clients know they’ll have to do some work, but they will all admit they are grateful for the knowledge and control they gain. Many still choose to have her do EVERYTHING, but some only come back quarterly for tune-ups and have her review their sites monthly to keep them running smoothly. Her speaking events include training sessions, inspirational talks, workshops and more. https://funnelmediagroupllc.com