Winter Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
$250, Now $200
Learn How to Make A Podcast
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a couple days of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
This is the second in a two-part workshop series led by Susan Finch, co-producer of 15 B2B podcasts for the Funnel Radio Network, keynote speaker, 25-year+ marketing professional. This course assumes you have a podcast or let one slip away for a variety of reasons.
We will talk about crafting your intro/outro and commercial, and give you guidelines to help you select your music. You will also get suggestions to creating your podcast audio template in either Camtasia or Adobe Audition, and tips for recording your intro/outro and commercial in MP3 format as separate files you can use.
As a bonus, at the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to download checklists covered.
This workshop is part 2 in a two-workshop series. You can take just this workshop or register for both the first Fundamentals workshop and this second Advanced workshop for a bundle price.
Points that will be covered, as well as skills taught
- Crafting your intro/outro and commercial.
- Guidelines to help you select your music.
- Suggestions to creating your podcast audio template in either Camtasia or Adobe Audition.
- Tips for recording your intro/outro and commercial for you in MP3 format as separate files you can use.
- Already have a podcast? Why isn’t it “working?”
- 5 reasons a podcast fails and how to avoid it – it’s simpler than you think.
- The checklist of what you should be doing to promote your podcast, including an email template to use for thanking your guests.
Let’s review what you may be missing
- Are you in all the venues? Let’s go through the list and how to submit your podcast to them all – at least the biggies.
- Are you recapping your recent episodes quarterly on your site and on social?
- Are you making use of the RSS feed and transcripts?
- Are you wasting time editing or not editing enough?
- Who can pitch in when you get pulled away for other priority tasks – have a backup team.
- 5 Ideas to Get Your Entire Team on Board to follow, rate, review, share your episodes.
- 9 Ideas you may or may not be doing to promote your podcast – most are free, just take a bit of time.
- After this course, you will be able to plan out the structure of your physical show files to make creating many episodes simple.
- You’ll be able to create a logical template in Adobe Audition or Camtasia.
- You will also know how to choose the right music for your podcast and whether you must include a video version.
- You will have a guide to creating your intro and outro copy that will be evergreen.
- We will review how you are sharing out your show and episodes to see if there is room for improvement (there always is!).
- We’ll give you ideas on how to get your staff enthused about sharing out your shows and how you can make it easy for them.
Who the course is for
- Marketing teams. This is also for their team members who have been “informed” they’ll handle the new podcast and don’t have a clue to do this or are completely stuck with an impending deadline by your “host.”
- The “new person” or “intern” who has been handed the podcast to keep it going without any background or details.
Instructor: Susan Finch
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.