Gemma Butler teaches courses at the Direct Marketing Association of Northern California in a three-module series that leads to a Certificate in Sustainable Marketing. The courses focus on the challenges, but more importantly, the opportunities for marketers to be part of the solution in building sustainable markets and shaping new behaviors. Sustainable marketing isn’t about totally reinventing marketing, but rather about rethinking all guises of marketing through a responsible lens.
- Currently co-founder of Can Marketing Save the Planet Ltd, a company on a mission to support responsible marketing through educating and supporting the approximate 10.6M Marketers on the planet. Gemma also teaches for the Chartered Institute of Marketing and, Cambridge Judge Business School, the executive business school of the University of Cambridge.
- 2 x published author with Bloomsbury, ‘Sustainable Marketing—How to Drive Profits with Purpose’ and soon to be released (Jan 2024), ‘Can Marketing Save the Planet? 101 Practical Ways to Use Sustainable Marketing as a Force for Good.’
- Creator and co-host of the podcast series, Can Marketing Save the Planet? A podcast series that interviews a wide range of guests (including Philip Kotler and Seth Godin) about all things sustainable, with the objective of raising awareness and highlighting the significant role marketing plays in driving a more sustainable future.
- Written/contributed to multiple publications—Raconteur’s Special Report, The Drum, Sustainability Magazine.
- Certified Carbon Literate by the Carbon Literacy Project.
- Awarded ‘‘Outstanding Contribution to Marketing’ in 2022 for driving sustainable marketing transformation by Women in Marketing Awards.
- Starting her career in product marketing at Xerox and value proposition development and product marketing at Sony, Gemma went on to become the Marketing Director at the Chartered Institute of Marketing – representing and informing the marketing profession, driving the importance of professional development and educating and inspiring the next generation of marketers.
- Keynote speaker and panelist at multiple events, webinars, and conferences for both universities and business.
- BA Hons Degree in English Literature and Linguistics—University Portsmouth.
- Website: https://www.canmarketingsavetheplanet.com/.
- Social Media: https://www.linkedin.com/in/butlergemma/.