Why you should add affiliate marketing to your marketing strategy:
- Defining affiliate marketing:
- What it is.
- What it is not.
- Clarifying terms to know:
- Affiliate program.
- Affiliate network.
- CJ Affiliate.
- Affiliate software.
- EPC—Effective Cost per Click.
- Common mistakes:
- Managing expectations.
- Planning as part of the marketing mix.
- Setting and forgetting.
- Payout and incentives.
- Time to recruit, activate and optimize.
- Maximizing internal teams for opportunities.
- Competitor analysis of choices, offers and activities.
- Various methods available to advertisers:
- Display ads and text links.
- Content (Bloggers, Podcasters, Influencers).
- Coupon and discounts.
- Cashback & loyalty.
- How to set up a program:
- Choosing software and/or affiliate networks.
- Program description.
- Parameters and terms.
- Images (such as logos).
- Payment (credit card).
- Specifications for basic starter ad groups (Checklist).
- Running a program:
- Planning offers to affiliates, such as coupons, discounts and payout tiers.
- Recruiting affiliates.
- Approval: manual vs. automatic.
- Nurturing affiliates.
- Payments: timely.
- Join as an affiliate:
- View competitor programs and leaderboards.
- As additional income stream: synergistic products & services.
- Create referral and loyalty program to incentivize customers, affiliate partners.
- Outsource to an affiliate manager or agency.
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take this Class:
- Affiliate programs can be 100% revenue sharing, add 10%+ to sales and generate a 12:1 return on ad dollars (paid after sales and even returns). Affiliate programs kick up order value by 88% and increase conversions too.
- Those new to affiliate marketing will learn types of affiliates, the latest in formats, options available, how to set up and run a program.
- Current assets can be used, and current team members have the necessary skills. Once set up, an affiliate program requires easy routines to recruit, manage affiliates and campaigns.
- Those with affiliate programs learn from detailed case studies of success, current trends in partners, recruitment, formats, and sophisticated payouts strategies.
- Affiliate marketing today resists the taint from two decades ago. The industry patrols bad actors and attracts top media outlets today. Today’s protocols of the latest technology and alert affiliate network professionals remove concerns about fraud.
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshops? No problem! All DMAnc.org workshops are recorded. If you have questions, you’re welcome to email the instructor.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Included are lots of illustrations and examples.
- Recorded video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete PPT presentation.
- Checklists: steps and assets to get started.
- Report on how to persuade executives to start an affiliate marketing program.
- Competitive analysis spreadsheet.
- FREE PDF of the book, Rockin’ ROI: How to Bootstrap Ecommerce with Performance-based Marketing.
- Spreadsheet templates that complement Rockin’ ROI.
- “How to Get the Attention of Unresponsive Prospective Affiliates” (compilation of advice from affiliate industry experts).
- “How to Get Your Target’s Attention” (advice to attract partners, affiliates, vendors and business prospects by the instructor).
Who is the course for?
- Marketing Managers, Digital Marketing Managers, eCommerce Managers, or any Marketer who wants to stretch every ad dollar.
- Beginners unfamiliar with affiliate marketing benefits and how to implement it.
- Marketers who have tried affiliate marketing before and were discouraged by a previous attempt.
- Marketers who think “affiliate” still has a bad reputation.
- Marketers who think affiliate marketing is just about influencers.
- Team members who need to convince managers to try affiliate marketing.
- Marketers who want to advance their affiliate marketing program to the next level.
Center for Direct Marketing
Author of Rockin’ ROI: How to Bootstrap Ecommerce with Performance-based Marketing (available on Amazon), Jan Carroza guides marketers to develop strategies and methods to efficiently meet campaign goals. An early adopter, she enjoys discovering new channels and methods, sharing new opportunities and ways to optimize efforts. Her multi-sided career spans agency, advertiser, audience research, media, mobile and privacy software experience.
While her background in multichannel campaign management began in traditional advertising (print, radio and TV), performance-based marketing inspires her in-house mentality to achieve the maximum return-on-investment. The ability to track response daily attracted her to infomercials in the mid-80s. She managed direct response TV campaigns until 1999 when she turned to provide digital response services, such as display, email and affiliate marketing.
As a trainer of customers, colleagues and coworkers in direct response, mobile and privacy SaaS solutions, Jan realizes the importance of education to earn trust and spark interest. Previous clients include: M&M Mars, Volvo, Time-Life, Soloflex, Blue Cross, Braun, Sears, Peninsula Hotels, Kemper Financial Services and American Express.
As an adjunct professor at Pepperdine University’s Malibu campus, Carroza taught Media Planning to upperclassmen with majors in PR, advertising and communications.
She has spoken to groups at retail, privacy and media conventions. Carroza earned her B.A. in Radio/TV at SIU/Edwardsville.