Summer Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Regularly $250, Now $200
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
This workshop helps you tap into methods that stretch marketing budgets, increase both sales and profits and develop a valuable, recession-proof skill set that easily transfers across industries.
Affiliate marketing is a fantastic way to increase sales on a cost per sale or lead basis. Many companies enjoy a hefty 10-30% of sales and a 12:1 return on ad spend ratio. This course helps you get over the initial hump to grasp the basics and reprimes the pump for those disappointed by previous efforts. At the conclusion, students will know what it takes to get started and succeed.
Learn why Amazon, Norton, Aflac, Target, ADP, Clarks Botanicals, Blue Apron, Chewy.com, Life Extension, just a few of thousands of name brands, enjoy multi-channel direct response success as well as affiliate partners, such as The Today Show, Business Insider, Buzzfeed, Conde Nast, Ziff Davis and Valpak. But you don’t have to be a Fortune 100 company to enjoy the benefits of affiliate marketing. Even small to mid-sized companies can be successful at it and enjoy the phenomenal return on ad spend.
Instructor Jan Carroza, former adjunct professor at Pepperdine University, 40+ year marketing veteran and author of the book, Rockin’ ROI: How to Bootstrap Ecommerce with Performance-based Marketing, available on Amazon, walks SMEs through the process to set up a program, make good choices and reap the benefits of planning and nurturing.
What to expect in this course:
- Busted misconceptions and myths.
- Common pitfalls and typical reasons programs fail.
- Soup-to-nuts affiliate program set up process with screen shots.
- Choices in channel options.
- Case studies of successful programs.
- Trends to watch and follow.
Why you should add affiliate marketing to your marketing strategy:
- Defining affiliate marketing
- What it is
- What it is not
- Clarifying terms to know
- Affiliate program
- Affiliate network
- CJ Affiliate
- Affiliate software
- EPC—Effective Cost per Click
- Common mistakes
- Managing expectations
- Planning as part of the marketing mix
- Setting and forgetting
- Payout and incentives
- Time to recruit, activate and optimize
- Maximizing internal teams for opportunities
- Competitor analysis of choices, offers and activities
- Various methods available to advertisers
- Display ads and textlinks
- Content (Bloggers, Podcasters, Influencers)
- Coupon and discounts
- Cashback & loyalty
- How to set up a program
- Choosing software and/or affiliate networks
- Program description
- Parameters and terms
- Images (such as logos)
- Payment (credit card)
- Specifications for basic starter ad groups (Checklist)
- Running a program
- Planning offers to affiliates, such as coupons, discounts and payout tiers
- Recruiting affiliates
- Approval: manual vs. automatic
- Nurturing affiliates
- Payments: timely
- Join as an affiliate
- View competitor programs and leaderboards
- As additional income stream: Printful (swag)
- As additional income stream: synergistic products & services
- Create referral and loyalty program to incentivize customers, affiliate partners
- Outsource to an affiliate manager or agency
Materials Provided: Handouts
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- Checklists: steps and assets to get started.
- Report to persuade executives to start an affiliate marketing program.
- Competitive analysis spreadsheet.
- FREE PDF of the book Rockin’ ROI: How to Bootstrap Ecommerce with Performance-based Marketing.
- Spreadsheet templates complement to Rockin’ ROI.
- 2021 Holiday Hashtag Calendar.
Who this course helps:
- Marketers who want to stretch every ad dollar.
- Beginners unfamiliar with affiliate marketing benefits and how to implement it.
- Marketers who have tried affiliate marketing before and were discouraged by a previous attempt.
- Marketers who think “affiliate” still has a bad reputation.
- Marketers who think affiliate marketing is just about influencers.
- Team members who need to convince managers to try affiliate marketing.
- Marketers who want to advance their affiliate marketing program to the next level.
Instructor: Jan Carroza
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.