Spring Discount: 25% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Special Pricing: regularly
$600 now 25% off—$450. Enroll here.
More and more brands are realizing that meeting their customers’ needs is only possible with an exceptional content marketing strategy. And following an outdated strategy can trap you in a quagmire of low traffic, poor engagement, and fewer conversions.
Drive traffic, demand generation, and conversion with skills learned from this content marketing masterclass. You’ll learn to identify and respond to your customers’ unique pain points and create content that fuels growth and is optimized for conversion.
Join this class to learn how to create, promote, measure, analyze and optimize your content. You’ll leave with the tools to build relevant and powerful content that fishhooks your ideal customer and drives tangible results organically.
- Establish your content ecosystem and lay your digital footprint.
- Create an engaging content calendar and build effective, omnichannel promotional plans.
- Generate leads and improve conversions by providing unique and valuable information to your target audience that differentiates your business.
- Enhance customer engagement and loyalty through relevance and utility.
- Build an effective content operations model.
- Follow an SEO content framework to improve search engine rankings and drive web traffic.
- Learn to analyze and optimize your content.
- Understand advanced content marketing techniques and the powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) tools at your disposal.
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded, and we’ll send you the recording, workbook, and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
Workshop dates and times:
Module 1: Content Marketing Masterclass—Lay the Foundation for a Standout Content Marketing Strategy: Consumer Trends, Audiences, Personas, and Messaging.
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 (9:00 AM to 11:00 AM PDT).
Module 2: Content Marketing Masterclass—Identifying Your Golden Content Opportunities through Advanced Content Strategies: Site Architecture, SEO, Sprouting, Machine Learning, and KPIs.
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 (9:00 AM to 11:00 AM PDT).
Module 1: The Foundation for a Standout Content Strategy: Consumer Trends, Audiences, Personas, and Messaging.
Special Pricing: regularly
$600 now 25% off—$450. Enroll here.
This class will lay the foundation for a standout content marketing strategy. Which brands execute the best strategies today? What challenges do content marketers face? How can we overcome hurdles and what opportunities are out there? We will explore the answers to these questions and more before learning to determine your brand’s content maturity level. You’ll be equipped with the tools you need to “level up” and understand the different ways you can adapt your strategy to suit the makeup of your business (B2C vs. B2B, SMB vs. LE etc.).
You’ll learn to find your content niche and create unlimited content ideas that speak to your target audience. You’ll draft a content calendar accrued from “moments that matter”, map content plans to your customer purchase path and get to know the range of content types and formats at your disposal. We’ll touch on quality assurance, accessibility, and readability, and learn to create an effective content operations model.
- Adapting your strategy to suit the needs of your brand:
- B2B vs. B2C vs. non-profit.
- SMB vs. Enterprise.
- Global vs. local.
- What do the best content marketing strategies have in common?
- Helping your customers.
- Looking through a macro lens.
- Implementing update & retirement processes.
- Adapting and changing as shifting consumer attitudes change.
- Thinking like a media platform and working like a journalist (with examples such as Samsung using Netflix media platform & B2B examples such as Accenture/Think with Google).
- Have a purpose, & pre-defined KPIs.
- What makes a successful content operations model?
- Understanding your brand and defining a messaging matrix.
- Understanding your customer and building persona profiles.
- Identifying where your customers are in the funnel and building your channel mix.
- Understanding your landscape.
- Competitor analysis (SWOT analysis–identifying the white space).
- Industry trends.
- Consumer trends.
- Marketing trends.
- Technological, social, and environmental trends.
- Finding your content niche: identifying your primary topic and sub-topics using keyword research.
- Content ideation: how to create ideas that:
- Have a purpose.
- Meet your business objectives.
- Align with your customers’ intent.
- Are aimed at a specific end customer/target audience.
- Answer the queries your customers are searching for.
- Provide value (engage, entertain, educate, etc.).
- Elicit emotion–and which emotion (amusement, empathy, curiosity, etc.).
- Move your customers along the funnel/retain them within your digital ecosystem.
- Content types & formats: create the right content for your idea & build a brief.
- On writing: techniques and pitfalls; persuasive models.
- Drafting a content calendar where cultural moments, trends and brand moments intersect (including my free scheduling tool).
- Omnichannel content marketing: the Netflix approach.
- Publish your content: choose the right time to publish, the right channels and formats.
- Quality assurance, web accessibility, readability and UX: a checklist.
Module 2: Identifying Your Golden Content Opportunities through Advanced Content Strategies: Site architecture, SEO, Sprouting, Machine Learning, and KPIs.
Special Pricing: regularly
$600 now 25% off—$450. Enroll here.
In the first module we covered essential content marketing; now we’ll look at more advanced content marketing tactics. These practical, actionable strategies will help you identify your golden content opportunities, drive traffic, and leapfrog your competitors. We’ll look at site architecture, content modelling and global and local SEO practices that suit both brand and consumer.
Next, you’ll learn which KPIs are important for monitoring your content performance. You’ll understand how to set targets in several areas, glean insights from your data, and use your insights to regularly optimize your content efforts. We’ll then explore personalization for the web, before taking an in-depth look at the Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Content Intelligence and User-Generated Content (UGC) tools available to create future-proof content marketing. Finally, we’ll take a whistle-stop tour into the future of content marketing and investigate how it could be applied in a Web3 world.
- Your content ecosystem: creating franchises not isolated features.
- Content sprouting: getting the most out of your content by sprouting formats across channels.
- Land & expand strategy: giving your customers more of what they want.
- Piggybacking: identify where competitors are taking market share and win back traffic.
- The Content Trifecta: building content for the past, present, and future.
- More keyword research: using the right terms in the right places.
- Identifying the Golden Content Opportunity.
- Internal link mapping, tagging and Information Architecture.
- Filtered lists, pillar pages and topic clusters.
- Backlink strategies.
- Localization & local SEO.
- Analyzing your content data: what can your KPIs tell you about your content performance? What insights can you glean? How can you use these to refine your strategy and optimize your calendar?
- Setting targets in 4 key areas:
- Strategic: supporting wider marketing initiatives such as subscribe & sign-in or increasing CLTV.
- Traffic metrics: impressions, user sessions, return visit ratio, average position.
- Engagement metrics: number of clicks, click through rate, average pages per session (page depth) and bounce rate.
- Conversion metrics: cart adds, conversions/conversion rate, average order value.
- Optimizing your CTR & performing content audits to combat content decay.
- Personalization for the web (with case studies).
- Utilizing AI & machine learning to optimize your content operations (with examples).
- The benefits of UGC including ratings & reviews.
- The future of content marketing?
- What is web3?
- What are NFTs and how are brands starting to use them?
- Impact of the Metaverse and XR (Extended Realities such as augmented and virtual).
- Summary/quick refresh of the full course.
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take this Class:
High quality content is the lynchpin that keeps successful digital experiences in motion. Your content marketing needs to be omnichannel, reactive and ever evolving, or else you risk losing your message in the over-crowded sea of digital content. This course will enable you to:
- Create a content marketing strategy that drives traffic, increases engagement, and generates higher conversions.
- Build a calendar of highly relevant content that speaks to your ideal customer and builds customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Achieve digital transformation with a well-structured digital ecosystem and a solid understanding of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) tools available for advanced content marketing.
- Understand the content possibilities presented by Web3, NFTs, Extended Realities (XR) and the Metaverse.
- The workshops are hands-on and practical.
- The workshops are live so that you can ask your questions. If the course doesn’t fit in your calendar, you can take the course as a recorded class.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Included are lots of illustrations and examples.
- Recorded video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- Excel spreadsheet: Calendar Scheduling Tool.
- Excel spreadsheet: CTR Optimisation Leader Boards.
- Quality Assurance Checklist (Word).
Who is the course for?
This course is for Marketing Managers, and Content, Digital and Social Media Marketing Managers who are responsible for managing the digital and social media experience for their company. Also for account managers of Social Media and Digital agencies who manage the digital and social media experience for their clients.
Head of Digital Experience & Strategy, Sony
Helena has a decade of digital content experience for brands such as Amazon and Samsung. She currently works as Senior Manager, Digital Experience & Strategy at Sony PlayStation.
She has created content strategies for some of the world’s biggest brands, building content teams and marketing operations across B2C, B2B, brand side and agency side. In her free time, Helena can be found sitting on panels, judging the Global Content Awards and European Content Awards, and giving talks about the fascinating challenges of content marketing in an ever-expanding digital world.
The course was timely, interesting, and informative. I walked away from it was a ton of ideas I want to implement at my company in the short and long term.
100% would guarantee this course to anyone in the marketing realm!
Great class – the care to coordinate and deliver a valuable experience is clear.
This workshop has experienced people currently in the field take you through several topics on each webinar that really can help guide you through building your business. Whether it be a product you’re selling or your content you want to share, you can apply it to almost anything. You even get copies of the class so you can go back for reference which I absolutely love.
In-depth, well presented course.
Helen offered fantastic tips, tricks, and guidelines for developing a successful content marketing strategy regardless of size of company and resources available. I took away many ideas that I can apply to my campaign and content development today.
I’m part of a larger organization that only recently launched a marketing function and is still in the process of operationalizing marketing successfully. This class was very content rich and useful for detailing the foundational aspects of content marketing with practical processes, templates and resources that we’re excited to apply!
This was a pleasing workshop to sit in due to our marketing team starting off with learning the “to do’s” & “not to do’s” without an expert to guide us.
The workshops are always great. As a member of a 4 man team, I learn more about what is useful in these courses than anywhere else.
I was pleasantly suprised with the caliber of speaker that DMA NC produced. Typically, you find organizations are bringing in a local thought leader who may have a great message but lack a broad spectrum of experience in of application. This was not the case during the Content Marketing Masterclass series — the speaker was a seasoned vet with multiple large international brands and smaller companies under their belt.
I highly recommend this course for anyone looking for new ways to approach content marketing. A lot of it may seem like common sense, but it isn’t really until someone points it out (like in this course), and that does make you think! Even if you’re a pro at content marketing already, use this as a refresher. It’s very likely you’ll walk away with something new, even if it is just one thing.
The Content Marketing Masterclass was informative and useful. The tools provided will drastically improve our content strategy and overall marketing performance.