Why you should add affiliate marketing to your marketing strategy:
- Defining affiliate marketing:
- What it is.
- What it is not.
- Clarifying terms to know:
- Affiliate program.
- Affiliate network.
- CJ Affiliate.
- Affiliate software.
- EPC—Effective Cost per Click.
- Common mistakes:
- Managing expectations.
- Planning as part of the marketing mix.
- Setting and forgetting.
- Payout and incentives.
- Time to recruit, activate and optimize.
- Maximizing internal teams for opportunities.
- Competitor analysis of choices, offers and activities.
- Various methods available to advertisers:
- Display ads and text links.
- Content (Bloggers, Podcasters, Influencers).
- Coupon and discounts.
- Cashback & loyalty.
- How to set up a program:
- Choosing software and/or affiliate networks.
- Program description.
- Parameters and terms.
- Images (such as logos).
- Payment (credit card).
- Specifications for basic starter ad groups (Checklist).
- Running a program:
- Planning offers to affiliates, such as coupons, discounts and payout tiers.
- Recruiting affiliates.
- Approval: manual vs. automatic.
- Nurturing affiliates.
- Payments: timely.
- Join as an affiliate:
- View competitor programs and leaderboards.
- As additional income stream: Printful (swag).
- As additional income stream: synergistic products & services.
- Create referral and loyalty program to incentivize customers, affiliate partners.
- Outsource to an affiliate manager or agency.
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
Kate Barrett is the founder of eFocus Marketing, providing specialist email marketing consultancy, management and training services to companies around the world.
With a proven track record and over 14 years’ experience (increasing results from opens and clicks, to sales), Kate’s expertise and passion has helped a large range of companies develop comprehensive strategies, implement, manage and optimize campaigns, as well as solve complex email marketing issues.
Some of the companies she has worked with or trained include Return Path (now known as Validity), Nissan, Marks & Spencer, Argos, Nissan, Vision Direct, BT, TUI, Soletrader, Maybourne Hotel Group, Photobox, MyVoucherCodes, M&M Direct and Adidas among many others. Kate is a member of the DMA Email Council, regularly speaks at events around the world, and is a marketing lecturer for the IDM and CIM in the UK.
Kate is also the author of the bestselling book ‘E-telligence. Email Marketing isn’t dead, the way you’re using it is’ available on Amazon.