What you’ll learn:
- The importance of email within the multichannel strategy.
- Understanding the objective hierarchy to guide your strategy & setting SMART objectives:
- How company objectives filter down to give you laser focus on which email strategies will get you the best results and which elements to optimize.
- Optimizing your email design and structure: Key design considerations to ensure your emails maximize your audience engagement:
- Creating open worthy subject lines.
- The anatomy of an email—key sections every email has and needs to be optimized, regardless of design.
- Optimizing for mobile and responsive design to enhance engagement across multiple devices.
- Optimizing the email for preview pane and blocked images to ensure your message always gets across and is actionable.
- Design techniques to draw the eye to your Call-to-Action (CTA).
- Optimizing your CTA color, placement, and wording to maximize clicks.
- Advanced email design: Interactive email to bring your message to life and help subscribers engage there and then.
- Video in email—key do’s and don’ts.
- GIF’s—the right and wrong way to use them.
- What are AMP and Creative HTML and how can you use them to better deliver your content to subscribers and generate engagement?
- Techniques to create copy that converts and connects with your subscribers.
- How to determine the right day of the week/time of day to send your emails and how often to communicate with them.
- Creating a thorough pre-send testing Quality Assurance (QA) process to minimize mistakes:
- Key areas of your campaign to test pre-send.
- Tools to help you speed up the process.
- What to do if a mistake does happen on a live send.
- Know your metrics—analyzing your results for trends, issues and potential future opportunities.
- Testing as a strategic issue; 5 steps to create tests that actually get results you can use (across channels!).
How to Convince My Boss Why I Should Take This Course:
According to eConsultancy*, 87% of surveyed senior executives agreed that the events of 2020 and 2021 have rewired customers to be digital-first. But customers don’t just expect rich digital experiences. To make a lasting impression, businesses need to provide personalized content that creates a unified journey across channels. Email marketing is at the forefront of delivering on customer’s expectations of personalized communications that deliver on their expectations, with the right content and offers at the right time. This email series prepares marketers to think through how to turn your email marketing program into a customer-centric, high-performing multi-touch digital experience.
*Digital Trends 2022 Experience Index Adobe and eConsultancy
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All DMAnc.org workshops are recorded, and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
Who is this Course For?
Anyone who manages the email marketing and marketing automation strategy for their company, including Email Marketing Managers, Demand Generation Managers, eCommerce Managers, Digital Marketing Managers, and Agency Account Managers who manage the email marketing strategy for their clients.
Kate Barrett is the founder of eFocus Marketing, providing specialist email marketing consultancy, management and training services to companies around the world.
With a proven track record and over 14 years’ experience (increasing results from opens and clicks, to sales), Kate’s expertise and passion has helped a large range of companies develop comprehensive strategies, implement, manage, and optimize campaigns, as well as solve complex email marketing issues.
Some of the companies she has worked with or trained include Return Path (now known as Validity), Nissan, Marks & Spencer, Argos, Nissan, Vision Direct, BT, TUI, Soletrader, Maybourne Hotel Group, Photobox, MyVoucherCodes, M&M Direct and Adidas among many others. Kate is a member of the DMA Email Council, regularly speaks at events around the world, and is a marketing lecturer for the IDM and CIM in the UK, and in the USA the DMAnc.org’s Email Marketing Masterclass series covering the four essential areas of email marketing management: copy and design; deliverability; data and personalization, and optimizing content and offers through the customer journey.
Kate is also the author of the bestselling book ‘E-telligence. Email Marketing isn’t dead, the way you’re using it is’, available on Amazon.