- Deliverability vs. inbox placement—what’s the difference?
- Understanding your sender reputation:
- Domain Vs. IP reputation.
- Getting your sending infrastructure right (DKIM, SPF, TSL, DMARC, BIMI, etc.).
- List Hygiene:
- Spam traps; what tools give you insight into spam traps and how you can get rid of them.
- Bounces: what’s the difference, how to analyze them and how to handle them:
- Hard bounces (unknown users).
- Soft Bounces.
- Sending Permanence.
- Spam content.
- Complaint rates.
- The impact of your data collection processes on your delivery.
- The difference between B2B and B2C delivery.
- Gmail/Hotmail (Outlook) specifics:
- What’s the Inbox? Tabs available and how to navigate them.
- Gmail promotions tab:
- Annotations (show your offer in the Inbox).
- How to identify if you have deliverability/Inbox placement issues.
- Pro-active and re-active strategies to enhance your results:
- What statistics to monitor and what to look out for.
- Engagement pull-back strategy.
- What to do for B2B.
How to Convince My Boss Why I Should Take This Course:
According to eConsultancy*, 87% of surveyed senior executives agreed that the events of 2020 and 2021 have rewired customers to be digital-first. But customers don’t just expect rich digital experiences. To make a lasting impression, businesses need to provide personalized content that creates a unified journey across channels. Email marketing is at the forefront of delivering on customer’s expectations of personalized communications that deliver on their expectations, with the right content and offers at the right time. This email series prepares marketers to think through how to turn your email marketing program into a customer-centric, high-performing multi-touch digital experience.
*Digital Trends 2022 Experience Index Adobe and eConsultancy
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All DMAnc.org workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook, and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
Who is this Course For?
Anyone who manages the email marketing and marketing automation strategy for their company, including Email Marketing Managers, Demand Generation Managers, eCommerce Managers, Digital Marketing Managers, and Agency Account Managers who manage the email marketing strategy for their clients.
Kate Barrett is the founder of eFocus Marketing, providing specialist email marketing consultancy, management and training services to companies around the world.
With a proven track record and over 14 years’ experience (increasing results from opens and clicks, to sales), Kate’s expertise and passion has helped a large range of companies develop comprehensive strategies, implement, manage and optimize campaigns, as well as solve complex email marketing issues.
Some of the companies she has worked with or trained include Return Path (now known as Validity), Nissan, Marks & Spencer, Argos, Nissan, Vision Direct, BT, TUI, Soletrader, Maybourne Hotel Group, Photobox, MyVoucherCodes, M&M Direct and Adidas among many others. Kate is a member of the DMA Email Council, regularly speaks at events around the world, and is a marketing lecturer for the IDM and CIM in the UK, and in the USA the DMAnc.org’s Email Marketing Masterclass series covering the four essential areas of email marketing management: copy and design; deliverability; data and personalization, and optimizing content and offers through the customer journey.
Kate is also the author of the bestselling book ‘E-telligence. Email Marketing isn’t dead, the way you’re using it is’ available on Amazon.