CONNECT WITH US
The DMA of Northern California was formed to educate, inform and provide networking opportunities for Direct and Online Marketing professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Join our email list.
How to Produce a Podcast–Fundamentals: Strategies for Setting Goals, Preparing Guests, and Promoting Your Podcast
This course, led by Susan Finch, co-producer of 15 B2B podcasts for the Funnel Radio Network, keynote speaker, 35-year+ marketing professional, is the first step to building a successful podcast, saving you from mistakes, time, and embarrassment long before you turn on the microphone.
Points that will be covered, as well as skills taught:
- Why podcasting?
- How can it benefit your company, your department, and even you?
- Why do most podcasts fail?
- How can you prevent a misfire?
What You’ll Learn in this Workshop
- The first workshop opens with a quick overview of the role of SEO in your overall digital marketing strategy, including content marketing, SEM (Google Ads), social media, video, and analytics.
- You’ll see how to find thousands of keywords (including your competitors’ keywords) and keyword phrases.
- You’ll see how to use those keywords to write your meta-tags. You can use keyword phrases as headings for articles, web pages, social media postings, and videos.
- You’ll see how to test meta-tags to find the best one.
- The workshop closes with local SEO for companies that have locations in several cities.
What You’ll Learn
- We start with an overview of the key difference between search engines and social media. By understanding this, you can craft postings that appeal to your audience. We’ll go over a checklist so you can score your social media work. You can also use this to review your competitors to see if there are any ideas that you can borrow. You’ll see how to build your visibility, brand, and community.
- We’ll also look at common features of all social media: profiles, postings, photos, #hashtags, account management tools, and analytics, with notes about each platform.
- The rest of the workshop will look at the major platforms, one by one. We’ll look at Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This includes how to use the marketing and tracking tools in each one.
- The workshop includes presentations, examples, and downloads.
There will be lots of opportunity for your questions. If we don’t get through all of the questions during the workshop, the speaker will follow up to answer your questions after the workshop.