Spring Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
$250, Now $200
Workshop on Creating Engaging Virtual Events and Conferences
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a couple days of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
This course will give you ideas and specific roadmaps for rethinking large in-person meetings, conferences, and annual events while keeping your attendees engaged and excited–and your sponsors supportive–all remotely. As we are all looking for a new positive way to achieve the same goals — product and event success–we need to be flexible and fluid to meet the needs, while still surprising, delighting and having an event that people will share and talk about for months. This course will dig into the structure, as well as the logic for setting up systems that work for everyone no matter what their role is. As a bonus, at the end of this course, you’ll be able to download checklists and a set of recommended products for each scenario, the lists covered in the presentation, and more.
The course is led by Susan Finch, co-producer of 15 B2B podcasts for the Funnel Radio Network, CEO of Binky Patrol – a successful, national 25 year 501c3 that relies 100% on sponsors and volunteers. She is also a keynote speaker, 35-year+ marketing professional, Interim CMO for several corporations. She is joined by an online event specialist, Michael Daniels, who has been instrumental in coordinating virtual conferences and events globally for several companies and organizations.
Points that will be covered, as well as skills taught:
- Determining how far to go with this event.
- Giving your sponsors added incentive to participate, added exposure and results.
- Deciding the venue or venues for your online event experience.
- How to set up your conference or events in various scenarios–indoor, outdoor, multi-location indoor, multi-location outdoor, or a combo.
- The equipment recommendations for each scenario.
- Timing and resources needed.
- How big of a team for each scenario.
- How to promote before and after the event.
- How to widen the net since location is no longer a barrier.
- What is free, what is behind the gate, what is a bonus?
Steps for you as the hosting company:
- Agreed upon goals for this event to build momentum for future events.
- Types of sponsors and how much do you want them to participate.
- How big of a team do you have?
- Decide how many locations and the length of the session or event.
- Will there be a cause you can all get behind as an added benefit of your event?
During the event:
- Control room needs.
- Comment wrangler.
- Recording B roll on location.
- Outtakes/bloopers/epic fails.
- Engaging with the audience in attendance online and onsite.
After the event:
- Shout about it on social and how that looks.
- Thoughtful, intelligent editing—your secret weapon! You want them to like the replay enough to share it out and to trust and appreciate you, too.
- A tidy package for the sponsors and direct participants and what it includes.
- “Send me the link to your post, I’ll promote that out for you.”
- What were the results?
- What was the feedback – did you ask for feedback from sponsors, ‘exhibitors’, participants and attendees.
- Do all the relevant venues know about your event, including forums, private groups, professional organizations?
- Have you added it to your own website and is it easy to find?
- Do you have your prior list of attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, and when was the last time you communicated with them?
- Do you have a subscriber list for RSS to email so you can send regular updates for upcoming events and past events results?
- Keep them interested. As you nail down details of the next event, begin to trickle it out to build excitement and encourage sharing of your event.
- After this course, you will be able to determine the logic and goals of your event.
- You will also know how to choose the right venue for your event and whether you want to include free portions of the event, invite sponsors to host a portion, including demos and more.
- We will cover the list of prep-steps so you start successfully.
- To keep the momentum and future attendee list building, how to create steady content leading back to your public event content and how to keep your sponsors on your “super fan” team.
Who the course is for:
Marketing teams, thought leaders, event planners those who regularly speak on stage at conferences, sponsor events, host expos, exhibit at expos and conferences. Marketing professionals who have been handed the task of “rethinking our annual meeting” for the company and don’t have any idea where to start.
Instructor: Susan Finch
Guest speaker: Michael Daniels
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.