- 2024 trends: how COVID-19 changed the landscape for business events.
- The key considerations when planning your business event, including the various tools available for hosting online events.
- How to identify target audiences and set clear goals for event promotion.
- How to find and connect with potential event partners and speakers using social media.
- How to develop a content marketing calendar that spans the event lifecycle, from pre-event teasers to post-event follow-ups.
- How to use video content to boost attendance at your event.
- The importance of data collection (and regulatory compliance).
Module 2: Promoting Your Event Using Email Marketing and Social Media.
Special Pricing: Regularly
$900 is now 50% off—$450. Enroll here.
Module 2 focuses on how to promote your event across various platforms, integrating traditional marketing with email campaigns and social media. Learn how to increase your event attendance, create FOMO and excitement before an event begins, and to keep the momentum going with your community after the event ends.
The course will include references and examples for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and X (formerly Twitter) and discusses both organic and paid social media activities. We will also review some tools for hosting online events, including Zoom, GoToWebinar, and StreamYard.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to use email marketing to promote your business event.
- How to use social media platforms to reach and engage with your event audiences.
- How to use the Facebook events feature.
- How to use TikTok LIVE events.
- How to use the LinkedIn events feature.
- How to host a live event on LinkedIn using StreamYard.
- How to use social media to build communities and ongoing engagement with your event attendees.
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take this Class:
Research by the Content Marketing Institute/Marketing Profs 2022 showed that events produce the best results for organizations over other types of content.
If events are part of your 2024 marketing program, this workshop will share fresh ideas and tactics to help you boost registrations and attendance and achieve your event marketing goals.
- The workshops are hands-on and practical.
- The workshops are live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend a live workshop? No problem. All DMAnc.org workshops are recorded, and we’ll send you the recording, workbook, and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear, with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
Who is the course for?
Luan Wise teaches the Linked Advertising and Event Marketing Masterclasses at the Direct Marketing Association of Northern California.
Luan Wise is a chartered marketer and fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing with over 20 years of experience in agency, client-side, and consultancy roles working across sectors including b2b and b2c professional services, higher education, manufacturing, learning & development, and more. She has supported household names like Hilton, Royal Mail, the University of Cambridge, and many small, high-growth businesses. She is a course instructor for LinkedIn Learning, an accredited lead trainer for Meta, and a coach for Google’s Digital Garage initiative.
Luan is a visiting fellow at the University of South Wales (UK) and regularly delivers guest lectures at university business schools. She also speaks at leading industry conferences, such as the Global Marketing Summit.
Luan is author of the award-winning book ‘Relax! It’s Only Social Media’, and has recently published ‘Planning for Success: A practical guide to setting and achieving your social media marketing goals,’ featuring research conducted in collaboration with Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK).
For further information about Luan, visit www.luanwise.co.uk or social media profiles: linkedin.com/in/luanwise | twitter.com/luanwise | instagram.com/luanwise | facebook.com/luanwise | tiktok.com/@luanwise