Summer Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Regularly $250, Now $200
(Special Series Pricing: All three Google Ads workshops for $750 $425. Enroll here.)
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
This workshop on Google Ads (search engine marketing, SEM) is led by Andreas Ramos, author of 17 books on digital marketing. He was the head of Global SEO at Cisco, where he worked with 44 languages in 85 countries. He also founded three digital agencies (one with 170 staff) and was the head of the digital agency at Acxiom, which did digital marketing for Fortune 200 companies. Andreas has trained dozens of interns and staffers, and he brings that knowledge to you. In three workshops, you’ll learn hands-on SEM from one of the leading experts in Silicon Valley.
This workshop is part two of a 3-part Google Ads series offered by the DMAnc.org covering three major areas of managing and optimizing your Google Ads account. You can take these courses individually à la carte or enroll in the entire 3-part series for a special bundle discount. Included in the bundle are the Google Ads Fundamentals, Intermediate and Advanced workshops. Learn more here.
What You’ll Learn in this Workshop:
In this workshop, you’ll see how to add keywords to your account, how to use all five match modes, and how to test to find the best ones. How keywords, ads, and landing pages work together in Google Ads, with an example of text ads, image ads, and the landing page.
After that, we dig into the types of ads, including Expanded Text Ads (ETAs), Responsive Text Ads (RTAs), and Dynamic Search Ads (DSAs), and how they work.
You’ll learn cool tricks with dynamic insertion that let you set up countdown clocks (“Offer ends in 4 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes!”), or the city (“Available in Dallas”) in your ads. Other bits of code let you give special offers to mobile users or returning visitors. You get the code and examples that you can copy, paste, and edit for your ads.
Finally, we look at A/B Split Testing. You’ll see how to do this without any special software. You’ll also see how to tell which ad is statistically better just by adding a small number. And much more….
Wherever possible, Andreas adds tips, notes, and insights to the slides, so you get information and his experience.
- The four keyword match modes, including negative keywords, how they differ, and how to use them.
- How to easily add thousands of keywords to your account.
- How keywords, ads, and landing pages work together in Google Ads, with an example of text ads, image ads, and the landing page.
- You’ll see where your ads appear in the Google search engine, on Google sites such as Gmail, Maps, and so on, plus the several million sites in the Google Ads distribution network.
- We cover the types of ads in Google Ads, including Expanded Text Ads (ETAs), Responsive Text Ads (RTAs), and Dynamic Search Ads (DSAs) with an example of actual data.
- How to use dynamic insertion in your ads so your visitors’ keywords are inserted into your ad, live countdown clocks (“Offer ends in 4 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes!”), or location (“Available in Dallas”).
- You can also use dynamic insertion code to show offers to different audiences. For example, new visitors see a 10% offer and returning visitors see a 30% offer.
- You can also use dynamic insertion code to insert an image from your landing page into your text ad, such as an image of the product, your company logo, and so on.
- Responsive Display Ads (RDAs) let you create ads that self-adjust to any device screen.
- We also show you a tip on how to get your ad to take over the entire mobile screen so your ad is the only thing your visitors see.
- You can use dynamic insertion for mobile ads, so desktop visitors see one offer while mobile visitors see another offer, such as “Free shipping for mobile orders!”
- We look at the difference between contextual and behavioral display ads.
- How to get ideas for display ads.
- How to use remarketing.
- A few slides with notes on ad fraud.
- How to understand the data to see which is the best ad.
- You can use A/B Split Tests to test ads so you can develop the best ad (with examples and data). You can use A/B split tests without any special tools. You’ll be able to get your team of interns to write better ads than people with 10 years of experience.
- A simple way to see which ad has statistical confidence in an A/B split test. With an easy trick, you can quickly pick out the best ads.
- And finally, see the app for Google Ads so you can manage ads on your phone while you’re on the sofa, on the beach, or in bed at 4 a.m.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- The presentation features two example companies in B2C and B2B. You can apply these examples to your company, non-profits, and other organizations.
- eBook on how to make changes in your Google Ads account settings to prevent ad fraud.
- List of the top SEM newsletters so you can keep up.
The Course Is for:
- Marketing managers, digital marketing managers, SEM managers, or anyone managing paid search marketing.
- Agencies to improve their SEM services.
Three-Part Course on Google Advertising:
In this Intermediate course you learn about keywords, how to write ads, and test to find the best ones. In the next workshop, Advanced Google Ads, you’ll see how the bidding system works. When you understand that, you can use lower bids and lower budgets to get better results than your competitors.
Instructor: Andreas Ramos
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.