DMAnc.org Live Online Certification Workshop
(12:00 pm – 2:00 pm PDT)
Summer Discount: 25% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Regularly $300, Now $225
How to SEO Optimize Your Website for Mobile-first
Update: Google announced in late November 2021 the speed of webpages will also apply to desktop search in 2022 (no date has been set). What it means is when people search at Google in either desktop or mobile, the page’s speed is part of the ranking. If there are two pages and everything is equal, the faster page will rank higher. This Mobile-first course has been expanded to cover both desktop and mobile. The time to prepare your website is now so you don’t lose valuable clicks, clients and revenue to competitors.
This workshop is led by Andreas Ramos, author of 22 books on digital marketing. He was the Head of Global SEO at Cisco, where he worked with 44 languages in 85 countries. He also founded three digital agencies (one with 170 staff) and was the head of the digital agency at Acxiom, which did digital marketing for Fortune 200 companies. Andreas has trained dozens of interns and staffers and he brings that knowledge to you this two-hour workshop where you’ll learn about updating your website for Google’s Mobile-first indexing.
In this workshop, you will learn how update your website for Google’s switch to Mobile-first indexing that took place in mid-June 2021, and the coming switch to 100% Mobile-first indexing and Google Core updates in 2022. You will get clear examples of what this means and step-by-step actionable tactics that you can apply to your organization’s website, so that you do not experience a radical drop off in traffic. You’ll also see how to measure your website to see if it will be compliant with Google’s standards. Examples, links, and code will be included in the workshop that you can copy, edit, and paste.
Why Update to Mobile-first
Whenever Google rolls out a major core update such as Mobile-first indexing, hundreds of thousands of websites suddenly find their traffic takes a nosedive — and they will be scrambling to triage the problem. Many marketing people may lose sleep and their jobs over their lack of preparation for this core update.
What You’ll Learn
- What is Mobile-first? Why websites must update their sites for Google’s Mobile-first Google Core Update in 2022. What happens if they don’t?
- How to see the trend in mobile traffic at your site.
- The difference between responsive design and Mobile-first design.
- Why most visitors actually have a much slower connection than expected.
- Google’s CWV metrics for Mobile-first: FCP, LCP, CLS, FID: what these mean and how to see the scores.
- Examples of good and bad Mobile-first design: placement of buttons, tracking tags, and content.
- Should you rebuild your website for Mobile-first?
- How to look at your analytics, ranking, and competitors.
- How to reduce the text on your site.
- The impact of images and speed. Which images to compress. Comparison of results when compressing images. New image formats. Size of webP, GIFs, SVG, carousels, and video. How to use different sizes of the same image.
- How to use segmentation in Google Analytics to see your mobile traffic and Google Search Console and Google CWV metrics to measure your site’s speed and improvement.
This is a live online webinar with lots of opportunity for your questions.
- What are Google’s requirements for Mobile-first?
- What happens if websites don’t design for the Mobile-first Google Core Update?
- Do you need to do this? How to use your web analytics and other tools to decide.
- How to reduce the KB size of text on your site.
- How to reduce the KB size of images on your site with image formats, image compression, offer multiple sizes, and sample lines of code.
- How to Use Google Analytics’ device segmentation and other Google tools.
Who is the course for?
- Digital Marketing, Search Marketing, Web Marketing, and eCommerce managers, Web Designers and Developers, Agency Account Directors and Creatives, or anyone who wants their website to show up in search engines.
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a couple days of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
Instructor: Andreas Ramos
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.
This is a great introduction to why you should be paying attention to mobile-first SEO practices.
As someone who has been in digital marketing for over 14 years, I really enjoyed this presentation on the forthcoming updates needed for websites. It was great to see all the small tips that really make a difference when it comes to designing with mobile-first in mind. I learned a lot even though I have a lot of experience!
The Mobile-first SEO Optimization webinar was a mixture of some basic information in addition to tips, tricks and tools that are newer. The content, links and tools provided during the presentation are going to be extremely helpful in evaluating our site and beneficial when making adjustments moving forward as well as better decisions as our site evolves.
Andreas presented several, great SEO insights. So refreshing to learn from a source who is actually keeping up on such an everchanging topic. Great webinar, Andreas!
Very interesting and information webinar on the upcoming Mobile-First Google update that included clear, actionable takeaways. Andreas Ramos has clearly been at the SEO game for a long time.
The content provided was relevant and concise! Great stuff!
Andreas gave an easy-to-understand, informative presentation.
It’s not very common to receive actionable takeaways from some webinars as they are often just a company trying to earn your business and it becomes a “pitch” in disguise with minimal takeaways at best. This webinar was extremely educational with key insights and tangible takeaways that I can actually execute! I learned about several tools I can start using today to optimize our mobile site. Thank you Andreas for an amazing presentation! I’ll definitely be attending more DMAC workshops in the future!
“Very in-depth, comprehensive information which helped to navigate the sea of madness related to information that is out there regarding Google’s switch to mobile first. Very knowledgable presenter.”
This seminar helped to highlight the primary topics of importance for mobile sites. Not only did it show why they are important, it helped give solid starting point for how to get a good mobile site built when you don’t have one. Pitfalls, best practices, and all stated in plain English.
The content was very helpful
This was a very informative webinar that will be useful for myself and my company moving forward into 2021. Thank you for the insightful knowledge!