Spring Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
$250, Now $200
(Special Series Pricing: All three Email Marketing workshops for $750 $425. Enroll here.)
A good email marketing strategy is made up of many different types of email for both B2B and B2C businesses—the more targeted and personalized those campaigns are, the better the results you’ll see.
But, in order to achieve this, you have to understand—and fall in love with—your data; the foundation of all high performing email strategies.
Once you understand what data you have available in your business and what you’d love to have in the future (as well as how to get it!), you can start to understand all the opportunities it opens up to send emails at times relevant to your subscribers (based on their behavior for example) or personalize your content to ensure the suggestions for products, content or services you’re making, are right for that individual subscriber, at the right time.
In this class we’ll explore all the different types of data you already have available to you, what’s missing and how you can add it in the future. We’ll also look at the legal implications of gathering data, how you can start to break this up to create targeted segments to send your campaigns to, trigger automated campaign series and add relevant content to your emails, as well as how your campaigns and automated campaigns sit in the customer lifecycle and how you can better serve them throughout to increase your results.
Regardless of which email platform (ESP) or vendor you currently use (or may decide to move to), this class offers system agnostic learning of concepts you should consider within your strategy and platform considerations, to better personalize and automate your campaigns.
What you’ll learn:
- Using your data to enhance your messages and meet your goals:
- Fall in love with your data: understand your data hierarchy and the possibilities it offers to help increase your results.
- Analyzing your current situation to identify what data you have, and where, how it’s used, (potential) issues, gaps and opportunities.
- How to collect more of the data you need and want from multiple sources.
- Connecting your data together.
- Considerations when dealing with your data:
- Privacy & marketing compliance USA: CAN SPAM, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Privacy & marketing compliance : GDPR & ePrivacy.
- Connecting your content to your subscribers to encourage conversion: Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning your offerings (STP):
- Utilize your data together: RFM (eRFM) / lead scoring.
- How to identify customer needs: developing customer personas.
- Evaluate the overall attractiveness of each segment you want to create to determine which are worthwhile targeting.
- Creating a value proposition to present your offerings to your subscribers.
- Choosing your marketing mix—the 4 Ps.
- Sending one-to-one rather than one-to-many: Personalizing your messages to speak directly to each subscriber:
- Using dynamic fields to bring your content into each subscriber’s real-life situation (marketing moments)
- Adding dynamic content to adjust sections of copy, images, offers or CTA buttons depending on who is receiving your email.
- Live dynamic content that adjusts each time your subscriber opens the email.
- The 5 stages of the customer lifecycle and how you can use this to better understand your subscribers needs.
- How to be helpful and add value to your customers to help them move on to each stage and enhance loyalty.
- How to plan your automated campaigns for success.
- The 3 key automated campaigns every company should have in place from the start.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
Instructor: Kate Barrett
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.