- Learn about different video content strategies.
- Learn about the importance of video in marketing through compelling figures and statistics.
- Understand how to create video content for different social media platforms.
- Understanding video language and how to use this to tell a story visually.
- Learn about shot sizes, camera angles, camera movements, and composition.
- Practice writing a short script for social media and marketing.
- Experience in writing shot lists and storyboards.
Module 2: Shooting on Your Smartphone or DSLR/Mirrorless Camera.
Once the plan for your short video is finalized, you can start on the production stage of your video making process. This is when you would shoot all the footage that you need to tell your story coherently. In this module, you will learn how you can elevate your video and make your footage look professional by understanding and practicing technical aspects of your camera, as well as understanding how to set your lighting and record sound professionally. During this module and before the next module, you will shoot your own footage that you planned in the previous module.
- Practical experience in shooting different shot types, and camera angles.
- Understand camera functions such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, and manual focus.
- Learning how to use Adobe Premiere Rush on your smartphone to shoot video, and how to use the DSLR/Mirrorless camera effectively.
- Understand the importance of lighting and sound in video.
- Practical experience in shooting interviews.
- Learn about the importance of a-roll and b-roll footage.
Module 3: Editing Your Video and Exporting for Social Media.
After shooting all the footage for your video, you would progress into the next stage of the video-making process: post-production. It is important to edit your footage into a coherent story and ensure the message you want to convey is clear. In this module, you will learn about professional editing workflow and fundamental editing principles by editing the video you shot in the previous module. Adding titles and graphics, editing sound, and correcting color can elevate your video to make it stand out on social media. During this module and before the next module, you will edit your footage into a short marketing piece and receive feedback on your edit during the next module.
- Understand professional editing workflow and fundamental editing theory.
- Video editing for continuity.
- Montage editing.
- Edit sound, correct color and add transitions.
- How to add titles and motion graphics.
Module 4: Distribution and Tips and Trends in Video Marketing.
The last stage of the video-making process is distribution: this is where you will share your video with the audience you want to reach. You will gain an understanding of the different social media platforms, and what the audience’s expectations are for videos on each platform. You will also learn how to repurpose footage for landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) videos to suit the social media platform. We will also look ahead to the future and discuss tips and trends in video marketing. In the last module, you will share your work and receive feedback from the course instructor.
- Understand social media platforms and audience expectations for video on each one.
- Fundamental knowledge of aspect ratio, ideal video length, and video dimensions
- How to repurpose footage for multiple platforms
- Tips and trends in video marketing
- The future of video marketing and how you can adapt to developing technologies.
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take this Class:
- Competitive advantage: video is at the epicenter of modern digital life. Having high-quality content that cuts through the noise will distinguish your brand from competitors.
- Positive return on investment: 92% of marketers report that video marketing produces a positive return on investment. Doing this to a high level will increase that return.
- Highly skilled workforce: a highly skilled workforce in video marketing means fewer outsourcing costs and better professional development for existing staff. The skills are there when you need them without extra costs.
- Brand awareness: 94% of marketers report that video has improved public perception and awareness of their brand or service. Video content will build bridges between your identity and that of customers/clients.
- Expert-led: With an instructor from the world-leading British Film Institute, your employees will be learning from the best.
- This workshop series gives the participant hands-on video-making practice with feedback from the instructor at every step of the video production process.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Included are lots of illustrations and examples.
- Recorded video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete PPT presentation.
- Digital handouts on shot sizes, exposure triangle, and 3-point lighting.
- Digital templates for shot lists and storyboards.
- Motion graphics templates for Premiere Pro.
- Color grading LUTs for Premiere Pro.
Who is the course for?
Marketing professionals at a range of levels and those working in social media, communications, design, and related fields.
Sa-Ra Zwarteveen teaches the Video Production for Social Media Masterclass for the Direct Marketing Association of Northern California.
Sa-Ra is an award-winning film educator and specialist in digital media, culture, and education. She works as a film educator and education programs coordinator at the British Film Institute. Sa-Ra also works as a lecturer at University College London, teaching film production to undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Institute of Education.
Her previous experience includes working at the Stedelijk Museum and EYE Filmmuseum in Amsterdam, where she programmed and delivered engagement and education events. Recent film education projects include the Chartered Institute of Marketing, London Film School, Cambridge University, Durham University, England and Wales Cricket Board, the Singaporean Government, and the Saudi Film Council.
Sa-Ra has extensive experience providing digital marketing and filmmaking courses for professionals in the UK and internationally. She is dedicated to film education and visual literacy as a discipline that can empower and drive creative experience.
Social media: www.linkedin.com/in/sarazwarteveen.