From this workshop you will understand the key fundamental elements you need to construct an effective Marketing Strategy. The key takeaways will include:
- Understanding and executing a target market analysis.
- Identifying your brand gap and how to close it.
- Leveraging your core competencies with your target market pain.
- Building your thought leadership position.
- Learning a more detailed SWOT analysis and how to relate it to your positioning.
- Creating a more impactful message.
Then we will focus on creating an effective Marketing Strategy with the additional key takeaways:
- Leveraging your SWOT results into your Product Strategy.
- Creating a Marcoms Strategy that will incorporate two focuses a) new opportunity lead generation; b) sales cycle support and engagement.
- Leveraging your SWOT results into your Strategic Alliance Strategy.
- Insights into why AI should be leveraged by all marketing departments and what it can do to help increase the effectiveness of the marketing team’s impact on supporting business growth.
- Creating an effective Industry Trade Press Strategy.
- Insights on how to mine Key Market Trends.
- Creating an effective Sales Enablement Strategy.
- 25+ templates and spreadsheets will be provided for SWOT, competitive, target market analysis and much more
How to Convince Your Boss Why You Should Take this Class:
This workshop will create or evaluate your marketing strategy so you can Enhance your Marketing Machine so it will deliver:
- More leads.
- Higher quality leads.
- Better support sales by improving the probability of wining in your sales cycle opportunities.
- Powerful messaging that is better aligned with your target market needs.
- Ensure synergy with your business strategy.
- Better connection to your marketing tactics.
- Overall increase in your Marketing ROI.
- The workshops are hands-on and practical.
- The workshops are live so that you can ask your questions. If the course doesn’t fit in your calendar, you can take the course as a recorded class.
- 25+ templates and spreadsheets for SWOT, competitive, target market analysis and much more.
- Recorded video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
The following templates are provided in the course presentation which you will be able to use for your own marketing strategy planning.
- Business purpose worksheet.
- Target market analysis worksheet.
- Brand gap worksheet.
- Core competency worksheet.
- Thought leadership worksheet.
- Competitive analysis capabilities worksheet.
- SWOT worksheet.
- Strengths worksheet.
- Weaknesses worksheet.
- Opportunities worksheet.
- Threats worksheet.
- Impact messaging worksheet.
- Connecting pain to value worksheet.
- Thought leadership campaign worksheet.
- Product strategy UVP worksheet.
- Product strategy Weaknesses worksheet.
- Product strategy Opportunities worksheet.
- Product strategy Threats worksheet.
- Product strategy Market Trends worksheet.
- Marcoms strategy Lead-Gen worksheet.
- Marcoms strategy ABM worksheet.
- Strategic alliances strategy worksheet.
- Industry press strategy worksheet.
- Macro Market trends worksheet.
- Micro Market trends worksheet.
- Sales enablement worksheet.
- Executive outreach prep questions check list: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Marcoms strategy Executive outreach worksheet.
Who is the course for?
Business and marketing leaders who will be creating, contributing and supporting the development and execution of a marketing strategy and plan that will be a key input into the organization’s overall strategic business growth plan.
Chief Marketing Officer
Orion Marketing Group
For over 30 years, Michael has been part of senior management teams with organizations that have ranged in size from start-ups to multi-billion dollar B2B technology focused companies in Telecoms, Medical Instrumentation, Industrial, Security, Location Intelligence and Defense. His main focus has always been on facilitating and leading market strategy for business top-line growth and building teams that have met and exceeded their sales & marketing targets. In his last position as Director of Market Strategy and Marketing, Mike was responsible for working with 13 business units over 15 locations across the globe, facilitating the development of their market and product strategies. He led marketing strategy workshops with each of those business units. Other areas of focus have been marketing communications, product marketing, product management, engineering management, direct sales and channel management along with business development. Mike has been a guest speaker at Algonquin College and Ottawa University sharing with business students insights into marketing strategy and planning. He also was a member of the Ottawa TecExec Association where he was a regular speaker and part of the organization committee. Mike worked with Invest Ottawa and advised young entrepreneurs with their start-up initiatives. He graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree Honors at Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.