Winter Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Regularly $250, Now $200
(Special Series Pricing: All three Google Ads workshops for $750 $425. Enroll here.)(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
This workshop on Google Ads (search engine marketing, SEM) is led by Andreas Ramos, author of 17 books on digital marketing. He was the head of Global SEO at Cisco, where he worked with 44 languages in 85 countries. He also founded three digital agencies (one with 170 staff) and was the head of the digital agency at Acxiom, which did digital marketing for Fortune 200 companies. Andreas has trained dozens of interns and staffers, and he brings that knowledge to you. In three workshops, you’ll learn hands-on SEM from one of the leading experts in Silicon Valley.
This workshop is part three of a 3-part Google Ads series offered by the DMAnc.org covering three major areas of managing and optimizing your Google Ads account. You can take these courses individually à la carte or enroll in the entire 3-part series for a special bundle discount. Included in the bundle are the Google Ads Fundamentals, Intermediate and Advanced workshops. Learn more here.
What You’ll Learn in this Workshop
In this workshop, we’ll roll up the shirtsleeves and dig into the Google Ads engine. You’ll see how the bidding system works. When you understand that, you can use lower bids and lower budgets to get better results than your competitors. We’ll also discuss how Google Ads uses Quality Score to set the ranking position of your ad and how much you’ll pay for the click (your cost-per-click).You’ll see how to optimize your Google Ads account for maximum results by managing bids to KPI’s. The workshop also covers software from Google that lets you manage dozens of accounts in one account. And how to use Google Ads recommendations, another powerful Google tool lets you make global changes to your account in a few steps.
Finally, a series of slides, based on Andreas’ experience with dozens of global companies, show you how to manage Google Ads by time zones, continents, and languages. And much more…
Wherever possible, Andreas adds tips, notes, and insights to the slides, so you get information and his experience.
- The origins of search engine advertising and Google’s auction system.
- How the Google Ads bidding algorithm works (with examples and comparisons).
- How Google Ads uses Quality Score to set the ranking position of your ad and how much you’ll pay for the click (your cost-per-click).
- How to improve your Google Ads Quality Score.
- How to set bids, manage bids, and manage your budget.
- By understanding how the Google bidding algorithm works, you can use a lower budget and lower bids, yet your ads will show more often, rank higher, and cost less per click than your competitors (you can bid $0.25 and rank higher than a competitor who bids $5.)
- How to use Google Ads Recommendations (and a quick hack).
- How to optimize the bids for the KPI’s.
- How to use portfolio theory for your ad groups.
- How to calculate KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) with the free KPI eBook.
- Notes about automated bid management tools.
- How to manage keywords by metrics.
- Are the keyword projections for traffic and bids from Google or SEMRush real or fake? What can you use in that data?
- An example of a large account with 200,000 keywords where cost-per-click (CPC) fell from $0.76 to $0.07, clicks jumped from 52 clicks per day to 17,650 clicks per day, and the click-through-rate (CTR) went from 0.12% to over 8%.
- We’ll look at a tool that lets you manage several accounts.
- We’ll also look at another tool that lets you manage hundreds of thousands of keywords.
- A few notes about Microsoft Advertising.
- Managing global ad campaigns by time zone, continents, and languages.
- Notes on the use of segmentation in Google Analytics to understand your data.
- Voice search in Google and other services.
- How to use Google Foundation Grants as a test bed for Google Ads.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- The KPI eBook by Andreas explains KPI’s, including CPL (Cost-per-Lead), CPA (Cost-per-Action), BEP (breakeven point), and more. Written by Andreas and a Harvard MBA.
- Spreadsheet to collect and manage thousands of keywords.
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- The presentation features two example companies in B2C and B2B. You can apply these examples to your company, non-profits, and other organizations.
- List of selected items for additional reading.
Who is the course for?:
- Marketing managers, digital marketing managers, SEM managers, or anyone managing paid search marketing.
- Agencies to improve their SEM services.
Instructor: Andreas Ramos
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.