Summer Discount: 20% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Regularly $250, Now $200
(Special Series Pricing: All three Google Analytics 3.0 workshops for $750 $425. Enroll here.)
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
This workshop is led by Andreas Ramos, author of 18 books on digital marketing. He was the Head of Global SEO at Cisco, where he worked with 44 languages in 85 countries. He also founded three digital agencies (one with 170 staff) and was the head of the digital agency at Acxiom, which did digital marketing for Fortune 200 companies. Andreas has trained dozens of interns and staffers and he brings that knowledge to you. In just two hours, you’ll learn hands-on analytics from one of the leading experts in Silicon Valley.
This workshop is part one of a 3-part Google Analytics 3.0 series offered by the DMAnc.org covering three major areas of managing and optimizing your Google Analytics 3.0. You can take these courses individually à la carte or enroll in the entire 3-part series for a special bundle discount. Included in the bundle are the Google Analytics Fundamentals, Intermediate and Advanced workshops. Learn more here.
Web analytics is a necessity in digital marketing. This gives you data so you can make decisions in your digital marketing campaigns (SEO, SEM/PPC, social media, email, and so on) to increase your results.
Wherever possible, Andreas adds tips, notes, and insights to the slides, so you get information and his experience.
Note: Google Analytics 3.0 versus Google Analytics 4.0
Google released a new version of analytics in late 2020. Although they call it an update, it’s a major shift in analytics. Google Analytics 3.0 (GA 3.0) tracks web pages (clicks, visitors, and so on), but Google Analytics 4.0 (GA 4.0) tracks audiences, but not pages or visitors. We are preparing a course on GA 4.0, but we don’t have it ready yet. This current course series focuses on Google Analytics 3.0. Google will continue to offer Google Analytics 3.0. Organizations can (and should) use both GA 3.0 and GA 4.0 because these do different things.
What You’ll Learn in this Workshop:
Web analytics is one of the necessities of digital marketing. You use analytics to get data so you can make decisions in your digital marketing campaigns (SEO, PPC, social media, analytics, email, and so on) to increase leads, sales, and ROI.
In this workshop, we install and configure Google Analytics 3.0. We start with the tracking tags. We then look at how to set up and customize views, dashboards, automated reports, and alerts. Finally, we look at how to use filters to clean your data.
You can follow along with your Google Analytics account or with a publicly accessible account.
- How to install and configure Google Analytics.
- How to find the tracking tag and how to install it on your website.
- How to use Google Tag Manager.
- How to check if the tracking tag is on every page of your site.
- How to set up and use views.
- Use the calendar to compare time periods, such as this quarter versus the same quarter a year ago.
- How to set up and use dashboards.
- How to export reports.
- How to set up and use automated reports.
- How to set up and use custom alerts to know if your site has crashed.
- You will also get eighteen settings and filters to remove junk data and get clean data. We’ll show you how to install these filters, step-by-step, with full details so that you can add them to your Google Analytics account.
- There are also a few slides to show the difference between Google Analytics 3.0 and 4.0.
- Finally, a few notes on access to your account and how to use UTM tags to track Facebook and other social media sites.
- Video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- Slides with 18 essential Google Analytics filters for you to install (with instructions).
- Five-page handout on how to use Google Analytics for SEO.
- The workshop is hands-on and practical.
- The workshop is live so that you can ask your questions.
- Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Everything is clear with lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- The presentations feature two example companies in B2C and B2B. You can apply these examples to your company, non-profits, and other organizations.
- List of selected items for additional reading.
The Course Is for:
- Marketing managers, digital marketing managers, eCommerce managers, social media managers, or anyone tasked with improving digital marketing and/or social media.
- Digital agencies who want to understand their clients’ web analytics.
Three-Part Course on Google Analytics
This is the first course of the three-part course for Google Analytics. You can continue with the Intermediate session, which covers the first two major report sections of Google Analytics 3.0: Audience and Acquisition.
Instructor: Andreas Ramos
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.