Winter Discount: 25% Off
Free Lifetime Workshop Updates
Regularly $300, Now $225
(Special Series Pricing: All three SEO workshops for 35% off $900 $585. Enroll here.)
(Additional Special Series Pricing: All three SEO workshops + Mobile-first SEO Optimization for $1,200 $675. Enroll here.)
How to Use SEO for Digital Marketing
The Goal of this Course
These workshops consist of a 3-part series on how to use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to get your web pages to the top of search engines, which will eventually get you more website visits, leads and sales. You can take the workshops individually or we highly recommend taking the whole series to learn all aspects of the search algorithms.
The course covers the major parts of SEO: keyword research, on-page SEO, technical SEO, and off-page SEO. You’ll see dozens of tactics to apply, including examples of code for you to copy, paste, and use. You can also apply many ideas in SEO to your digital ads, social media, video, and content marketing.
New Tactics for Winter 2022
This DMAnc.org SEO course series has been completely updated for Winter 2022. You’ll see how to test keywords, meta-tags, pages, and more so you know that you have the best results. We’ve added many new tactics and methods for 2022 SEO and beyond. You’ll also see a unique section on how to understand the data for statistical confidence (using grade-school arithmetic). No other course or book offers this.
This three-part workshop series on SEO led by Andreas Ramos. He is the author of 18+ books on SEO and digital marketing, including a book on SEO that was published in three languages by McGraw-Hill. He was the head of Global SEO at Cisco, where he worked with 44 languages in 85 countries. You’ll learn hands-on SEO from one of the leading experts in Silicon Valley.
Intermediate: Optimizing On-Page and Technical SEO to Get Your Site Ranked #1
In the Fundamentals course, we learned how find keywords. In part two, we apply them.
We start this workshop with on-page SEO. This is what people see when they look at your web page. There are many things to improve on the page, so your pages are indexed better, such as site architecture, page design, site search, and video. This also improves the page for your visitors.
We continue with technical SEO. This includes changes to the HTML code so search engines can put your page in the right category and improve your ranking in Google search results. You will see how to find meta-tags in your HTML code. We will cover how to edit the meta-tags, the page heading, the body text, ALT tags, and the text in links. We give you a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that lets you make sure your meta-tags stay within Google’s character limits. You’ll also see a quick way to test meta-tags to get the best ones. We also discuss which pages to choose for SEO work. You’ll also see how to do SEO for images, including how to make changes to the hidden text in images.
- On-page SEO covers the architecture of the website.
- How to make visual sitemaps so you get an overview of your website.
- How to make heat maps to see what people click on your pages.
- How to optimize your pages.
- How to use internal site search.
- SEO for the text on your page, including headings, body text, and links.
- Checklist for on-page SEO.
- How to write meta-tags, along with a spreadsheet to manage meta-tags.
- Tools to see the meta-tags on your site (and your competitors’ sites).
- Checklist for writing meta-tags.
- How to use Schema and Featured to get your page to be featured in Google. OpenGraph tags are used by social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- How to do SEO for images, including ALT tags, and how to edit the hidden meta-data in images.
- More technical issues including canonical tags and HRefLang tags, 404-error pages, 301-Redirects, and how to find and fix broken internal links. These include examples of code for you to copy, paste, and use.
- Make XML sitemaps for pages, images, and video.
- How mobile-first indexing matters for mobile users and how to see your site’s speed.
- Checklist for technical SEO.
- Example of using technical SEO to get a page to the top of Google.
- The workshops are hands-on and practical.
- The workshops are live so that you can ask your questions. If the course doesn’t fit in your calendar, you can take the course as a recorded class.
- Step-by-step instructions in numbered lists with the links so you can do this yourself.
- Included are lots of illustrations and examples. You can copy the examples, edit them, and use them in your work.
- The presentations feature two fictional companies in B2C and B2B. You can apply these examples to your company, non-profits, and other organizations.
- List of selected items for additional reading.
- Recorded video of the presentation with slides and audio.
- PDF of the complete presentation.
- Spreadsheet for managing meta-tags.
- Spreadsheet for managing keywords.
- List of additional reading.
- Google’s internal training manual for their page quality review team.
Who is the course for?
- Organizations, including B2C and B2B companies, government, and non-profits
- Organizations that want to improve their SEO presence in search engines.
- You will be able to understand how to use SEO so you can manage projects, staffers, agencies, or contractors.
- Agencies to improve their SEO services.
- Anyone who wants to work in SEO.
(Can’t attend the live workshop? No problem. All workshops are recorded and we’ll send you the recording, workbook and any supplementary materials within a day of completion after we’ve had time to edit the recording.)
Instructor: Andreas Ramos
Special offer from our sponsor MountainTop Data: Workshop attendees will receive $1,000 in free B2B data credits for attending.