- B2B buyers and the buying journey have changed. Social media is now a key player in the requirements-building and solution-exploration process. Having your content and thought leadership available at key points in the decision-making process is now crucial to be included for consideration.
- The economic environment is challenging, but budgets are not necessarily impacted. In fact, according to Ipsos (March 2023), 52% of B2B companies plan to increase their marketing budgets by 1-24%.
- LinkedIn is the ‘go-to source’ for B2B marketers. Ipsos also reports that 80% of marketers use LinkedIn for their social media.
- The role of thought leadership content and importance of external influencers. Though 13% of marketers find LinkedIn very effective, 11% also find YouTube to be very effective. This is a good reminder of the need for thought leadership, testimonials, and demonstrations in the form of audio and video content.
- A new generation of decision-makers is coming. TikTok is growing quickly and although it doesn’t have a large B2B presence now, this is bound to change. Some B2B players are already creating content for TikTok, anticipating the exponential growth to continue.
Want to learn more about these and other social media trends?
View our free webinar: The Future of B2B Social Media Marketing.
Or participate in any of our live online or recorded Social Media Marketing Masterclasses.
- LinkedIn Advertising Masterclass—2 Modules.
- Social Media Marketing Strategy Masterclass—3 Modules.
- Social Media Marketing Fundamentals—1 Module.
- Social Media Marketing Bootcamp—1 Module.
- Content Marketing Masterclass—2 Modules.
- Podcasting Masterclass—2 Modules.
- YouTube Advertising Masterclass—2 Modules.
- Meta (Facebook and Instagram) and TikTok Advertising—2 Modules.